Guidance workshops about the health system
CCOO de Catalunya and DEP Institut conducted guidance sessions for medical or nursing students of Catalan universities
On Monday November 17 began the first, one in six, guidance workshop on health systems outlined by CCOO de Catalunya and DEP Institut for the Catalan public universities offering medical or nursing studies.
Toni Tua, CCOO, is responsible for the presentation of these workshops and Silvia Rueda, head of health and quality of life of DEP Institut, developed its contents.
In these workshops the main results of the study on the knowledge of the health systems of the present and future graduates with degrees in health sciences, organized by the Ministry of Social Policy of CCOO de Catalunya and conducted by DEP Institute in 2009-2010, are presented. In addition, the most important aspects of the three health models (liberal, social security and national health system) are explained. One of the central aspects of the workshop is to analyze the most important characteristics of the Spanish and Catalan systems taking into account their historical contexts, highlighting the differentiating elements of the Catalan model in relation to professional development.
The next meetings scheduled are:
- November 4 from 12:00 to 14:00 at the Faculty of Medicine at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
- November 15 from 13:00 to 15:00 at the faculty of medicine at the UAB
- November 17 from 12:00 to 14:00 at the faculty of medicine at the UAB
- November 21 from 19:15 to 21:00 in the faculty of nursing at the University of Girona (UdG)
- November 25 from 13:00 to 15:00 at the faculty of medicine at the UAB